Organization: UCL STEaPP
- Dr. Adam Cooper, Deputy Head of Department and Lecturer in Social Science and Public Policy, UCL STEaPP
- Prof. David Tuckett, Director of the Centre for the Study of Decision-Making Uncertainty, UCL
- Prof. Paula Jarzabkowski, Strategic Management at CASS Business School, City University
- Irina Rafliana, Public Policy, Education and Science Communication, Indonesian Institute of Sciences
- Dr. Pablo Suarez, Associate Director for Research and Innovation, Red Cross / Red Crescent Climate Centre
- Ass. Prof. Yasuhito Jibiki of International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
The analysis of risk is only one part of a broader challenge of turning information into strategy, strategy into practice, results into action. What happens in real world situations and how can we understand this? Dr. Adam Cooper chairs a panel of experts in the use of technical information in practice. Professor Paula Jarzabkowski – leading expert on strategy-as-practice, Professor David Tuckett – leading expert on the psychoanalysis of uncertainty in decision making, Irina Rafliana – leading expert in disaster preparedness and response in Indonesia, and Pablo Suarez – leading expert on dealing with the realities of risk-based decision making. Come along for a challenging (and bumpy) ride in the real world of using information in practice.