We invite you to submit a proposal to speak at a technical session during UR2016. Please fill out the form at this link to be considered for a speaking role in a technical session. The deadline to submit is Thursday, February 18, 9am EST.
Technical session topics that are accepting speaker proposals are below (please note the links in blue are those sessions with final abstracts and titles on the topics listed):
- Assessing vulnerable communities
- Compounding events
- Connections of poverty and risk
- Decision-making under uncertainty
- El Niño and La Niña
- Flood and early warning systems
- Future of risk
- Impact-based forecasting
- New innovations in the field
- Open data
- Risk communication
- Science & Technology Partnership and the Sendai Roadmap 2015-2030
- Sociology and risk perception
- Weird and wonderful hazards
Additionally, a few Focus Day organizers have opened up calls for proposals as well. For more information on that call, please click here.
Note that GFDRR and the Governorship of Istanbul are not responsible for organizing the content of technical sessions. This responsibility is placed with the session lead, who will be forwarded your proposal. Due to the volume of proposals, we will be unable to respond to all submissions. Should your proposal be accepted, the session lead will be in touch.