The report documents the Disaster Risk Reduction Expert Forum 2015: which took place in February 2015 in Antalya, Turkey. The Forum was convened to discuss and share lessons learned about lessons learned about hydro-meteorological disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.
Key reasons for convening the Forum focused on a review of hydro-meteorological DRR including the following:
- Enhancing existing effectiveness and efficiency of DRR programs
- Sharing technical and societal experiences among the DRR and CCA programs
- Raising awareness and concern about climate change and its consequences for extreme climate, water and weather events
- Discussing the possibility of increasing numbers and intensities of extremes in an age of flat-lined disaster assistance budgets
- Searching for a way to “link” the autonomous communities of DRR and CCA more effectively
- Diagnosing institutional and individual resistance to change
- Searching for “resilient adaptation” to a changing climate
The report includes proceedings from the meeting, and the Antalya statement issued by the participants of the meeting.
- University of Colorado