The World Bank Group is currently recruiting several urban and Disaster Risk Management (DRM) specialist and senior specialist positions at the Social, Urban, Rural and Resilience Global Practice (SURR), based in Washington DC and several field offices. SURR’s mission is to build sustainable cities and communities.
Details on these roles can be found on World Bank Group Careers site, under Urban Development and Risk Management Job Families: Closing Date Feb 24, 2017.
|170119||Disaster Risk Management specialist||GF||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|170117||Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Specialist||GF||To Be Determined|
|170116||Senior Disaster Risk Management and Resilience Specialist||GG||Beirut, Lebanon|
|170115||Senior Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Specialist||GG||To Be Determined|
|170114||Senior Disaster Risk Management/Urban Specialist||GG||Abuja, Nigeria|
|170113||Lead Disaster Risk Management Specialist||GH||Washington, DC|
|170112||Lead Disaster Risk Management Specialist||GH||Washington, DC|
|170111||Urban Development Specialist||GF||Washington, DC|
|170110||Urban Development Specialist||GF||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|170109||Urban Specialist (Engineer)||GF||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania|
|170108||Urban Development Specialist||GF||Islamabad, Pakistan|
|170107||Senior Urban Specialist||GG||Amman, Jordan|
|170106||Senior Urban Specialist||GG||Cairo, Egypt|
|170105||Senior Urban Specialist||GG||To Be Determined|
- Specialists: contribute to/lead lending, technical assistance and policy advisory work in area of expertise.
- Senior Specialists: lead lending, technical assistance and policy advisory work in area of expertise, coordinate country sector activities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree with at least 5 years’ relevant experience for specialists and 8 years’ for senior specialists in one or more of the following areas of specialization:
- Urban: Municipal Finance and Decentralization; Housing, Land, Slum Upgrading; Municipal Infrastructure and Services, Solid Waste; City Competitiveness, Local Economic Development, Urban Regeneration, Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism; Conflict and Urban Service Delivery.
- DRM: Risk assessment and finance; urban resilience; early warning and hydromet services; post-disaster/post-conflict reconstruction and recovery; risk reduction, flood/drought risk management.
- Country office based positions require in-depth knowledge of country and relevant sector issues.
The World Bank group values diversity and encourages all qualified individuals, with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Specifically, women, persons with disabilities, Caribbean nationals, and Sub-Saharan Africans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, and to apply by February 24, please visit http://bit.ly/2jSShme
Organization: World Bank Group
Deadline to Apply: February 24, 2017