- Sahar Safaie, Risk Assessment Officer, UNISDR
- Andrew Maskrey, Coordinator, Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction, UNISDR
- Prof. Omar-Dario Cardona, General Project Director, CIMNE and Associates.
- Dr. Celine Herweijer, Partner & co-lead of Climate Change and International Development, PwC
- Paul VanderMarck, Chief Product Officer, RMS
- Dr. Tom de Groeve, Joint Research Center, European Commission
- Madiha Bakir, Associate Director, Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries, PwC
A global probabilistic risk assessment can provide an enhanced view and comparative perspective on the characteristics of the risk that nations and economies face. The UNISDR launched an initiative to conduct a multi-hazard risk assessment at global level with partner institutions including: ACSAD, Beijing Normal University, CIMA Foundation, CIMNE and Associates, FEWS NET, GEM Foundation, Geoscience Australia, Global Volcano Model, JRC, Kokusai Kogyo, Norwegian Geotechnical Institute, UNEP-GRID and WAPMERR. Initial results were published in the 2013 Global Assessment Report, with full results published in 2015. UNISDR global risk assessment is a step forward in enhancing global understanding of multi-hazard risks and creating a community of technical experts linked to global users. Panelists from UNISDR, technical partners, and public and private stakeholders will introduce and discuss UNISDR global risk assessment process, outcomes, and applications followed by an open discussion on how this initiative serves the global community.