- Dr. Simon Young, CEO, African Risk Capacity Insurance Company Limited
- M. Mohamed Beavogui, Director General, African Risk Capacity
- Sidibe Zamilatou Cissé, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Economy and Finance of Mali
- Florian Neutze, Focal Point for Disaster Risk Management, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Germany
- Malcolm Buamah, Chief Risk Officer, Caribbean Development Bank
- Samantha Cook, DRFI Specialist, Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance Program, World Bank
- Ronald Mangani, Secretary to the Treasury, Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning, and Development, Malawi
Regional risk pools in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Pacific are growing. In addition to providing insurance coverage for countries, these pools create a platform for better risk information and regional collaboration. The session covered a discussion of what is needed to support expansion of risk pools, and discuss the G7 target of having 400 million people covered by climate risk insurance by 2020. With a welcoming address by Dr. Simon Young and keynote address by M. Mohamed Beavogui and Sidibe Zamilatou Cisse. Introduction of the G7 InsurResilience initiative by Florian Neutze, followed by an expert panel.