Organization: Department of Science and Technology Engineering and Public Policy, University College London
- Rear Admiral Neil Morisetti
Scientific advisers from national government and the private sector will engage in an interactive discussion of the following topics:
- How do scientific advisers identify and assess disaster risk as part of their daily work?
- Which risks do they prioritize and why?
- Are there particular risks that they feel more or less confident in identifying and understanding?
- What additional information do they wish that they had at different stages in the decision process?
Once the panelists have shared their perspectives the Session Chair will engage with the audience to broaden the discussion.
Chair: Prof. Arthur Petersen, Chief Scientist, Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency